Tuesday 12 February 2008

Tim gifs and my story of How did I know Keane?

To start the day...

these two gifs by Sim163

from Strangers dvd...what a lovely smile

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

from This Is The Last Time video

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

How did I know Keane? My story could be embarrasing now. All this madness started in the end of 2004. At that time, Evelyn, my friend of school, listened a lot to Somewhere Only We Know. The song was everywhere, in the radio, on TV and in my friend's mouth of course. She sang it a lot that I was starting to hate it.
But one day, I paid attention to the video and analized the lyrics of the song.
Hence, I inmediately had fallen in love with the band.
Then, I watched TITLT video. It was from a local music channel which was horrible cos all genres of music were mixed there, from cumbia to rock. So I turned on the TV and Tom's face appeared and I didn't believe Keane was in that channel. I didn't understand the lyrics but the melody of the song touched my heart. At that time, I wasn't a proper fan as I'm now but I remenber I told myself 'that neck movement must hurt for the pianist'. I must admit Tom impressed me at first because of his beautiful voice and because he was in all the scenes.
I didn't think it twice and went to buy their album. I was very curious to know how the other songs were. Then when I searched more information about them on Internet, Tim Rice-Oxley stayed in my mind. 'He's the songwriter of such excellent songs...ohh and they only use a piano sound plus drums!' I said.
'Hopes and Fears' was always in my cd player (and still it is). I didn't have Internet at home but I did everything to go to a cyber and search for pics and information. The first website I saw was www.keane.at. In 2006, I registered to the official board and in 2007 I convinced my mum to have Internet at home with the excuse of 'I'm in third year of college and Internet is a useful tool for my homeworks and to improve my English...and the tesis is coming eh'. She accepted and here I am.
For me 2007 was the best year of my life cos I've met such incredible friends from different parts of the world.
In fact, I'm proud of being a fan of this band for the following reasons:
- their music has a lot of meaning and takes me to a magic place I want to stay forever.
- their music has helped and still help me a lot when I'm in difficult situations.
- they're a band who is different from the others. Apart from being original with the piano, they're humble, worry about the world issues and show friendship between each other like brothers.
- and finally because the place they're now it was due to the effort and sacrifices they made.
I love them!

a new pic from Tim (2004)

Keane!

No comments: