Friday 6 June 2008

A week without Keane

New blog from Timmeh!!!

Dearly beloved,

Things are coming on space. It might even be accurate to say the album's nearly done. We need to step back and get a little perspective, so we're taking a week out from the studio. However there is still much to keep us occupied- I've been tinkering with Black Burning Heart at home, and there's a matter of the musical saw to attend to. We're very excited. I think this one could be a bit special. I need to calm down.


Is it too much to hope that Mr. Obama could repair some some of the damage America has done to itself and the world?


I really love the Ting Tings album. What a giant breath of fresh air. It's been that and Remain In Light the last couple of weeks. I actually got quite depressed listening to Remain In Light the other day- how can there be so many brilliant ideas on one short record? How can anyone be expected it to match it? Ridiculous.


Can I just ask- what the hell is the fuss about Jay-Z headlining Glastonbury? Are we still living in 1995? A couple of hours of witty, intelligent, irresistible pop from the greatest rapper alive (ever???) or yet another barrage of Oasis? I've never understood how this country can spasmodically produce the most innovative music on the planet and yet also be so terrifyingly conservative. Maybe the two go hand-in-hand? Discuss.


I have a massive backlog of DVDs to watch. But I did finally manage to watch The Fearless Freaks last weekend. What a gorgeus, inspiring document. Every music fan should see it and revel in its sunlight. More to the point, every person in a band should see it, preferably before they play a note. One of my few regrets in life is that Wayne Coyne asked us to dress up in animal costumes and dance onstage with them at a festival and we couldn't stick around for long enough to do it. I can't wait to hit the road again.


Supersize love to you all,


Tim


------------------------------------------------


Of course I know for who is the 'Supersize love' part...ehem! for me! *cough* and the 'dearly beloved' too xD



No comments: