Wednesday 11 June 2008

It's just another day, a Tim blog in my way!!

I'm happy the campaign is going well. Tim gives more information abput it in his new blog. Here it is:
----------------------------------------

Hello everyone. Just a note to say thank you so much to anyone who helped out with the Chicken Out! campaign's bid to put their case to Tesco - they've raised the money in time, which is a fantastic achievement. Hopefully Britain's biggest supermarket will be inspired to abandon barbaric farming practices, and others will follow.

I was listening to Parallel Lines yesterday as I drove to the studio. It sounds incredibly fresh even now. To my ears it has a slightly chaotic and imperfect feel to it, which I think is probably what gives it so much energy. For the super-geeky among you, there's a great article in Sound On Sound this month about the making of the record. Lots of insights into the band dynamic, how the songs developed, etc - not just details about which mic they used on the snare drum!

There's a lovely slow song we've been working on that we're trying to do in a kind of Mercury Rev-type way. Although it's begging to burst into some kind of Only Living Boy In New York - style BV extravaganza at the end. It's very sad. We recorded some (more) musical saw for it on Monday at my house (note from Isa: he means his and my house...lol) . I first heard ths instrument in the movie Delicatessen, and this song has at last provided a perfect opportunity to use one. We've had two brilliant musical saw players down to play, and it does sound utterly hypnotic and ethereal.

Anyway, we're getting there, inch by inch.

tim

--------------------------------------------------



No comments: