Friday 22 January 2010

MT. DESOLATION

From Alex Lake's blog (click here if you want to check it out),

22.01.10

Today was spent in deepest darkest Sussex with the band British Sea Power. The band are finishing up their latest record so I went down to document them in the studio. Lovely bunch of guys and the afternoon finished up with scampi and chips down the local boozer. Nice.

Pic’s to follow…


22.01.10

Approaching the end of a hectic week but still two shoots to do by Sunday.

Monday was spent in the studio with Mt. Desolation. Very many fine musicians appear on this record with the core of the band being Tim and Jesse. I won’t say any more about it than that at this stage as I’m sure the band themselves should be the first to give you the inside story of what’s been going down in the studio. The songs I’ve heard thus far are fantastic though, choruses still lodged in my brain. It was great to see Tim rocking out in the vocal booth - Jesse’s turn next week I believe.

Watch this space for new Mt. Desolation photos and written tidbits as I’ll be back down in the studio in the coming days…

17.01.10

Tomorrow I’ll be hanging in the studio with good friends Tim Rice-Oxley and Jesse Quin who are working on a new music collaboration/album together - Mt. Desolation. All sorts of other contributors to the record including John Roderick of the Long Winters who I love so I’m pretty excited to hear what they’ve come up with. I’ll be taking my camera so stay tuned for photos from the day.

Tonight shall be mostly spent in the cinema eating popcorn and watching ‘The Road’…

No comments: