Saturday 7 November 2009

MINI ALBUM AND RELATED THOUGHTS FROM MR. RICE-OXLEY


From Echo weekly by Shain Shapiro. To read the full interview click here.

Some interesting quotes from the interview:

This mini–album is not just a stopgap solution in between albums, stressed Rice–Oxley. Instead, it’s a completely new work in its own right, and one in which the band is excited to see unleashed as another addition to their catalogue. “Most of it is recorded and mixed already, as we’ve worked really hard on it while we’ve been traveling, going into studios all over the world and working on the tour bus all night,” adds Rice–Oxley.

“There’ll be a bunch of new songs, all the old favourites, maybe a cover and maybe a few songs played acoustically,” continues Rice–Oxley.

and this is the part that makes me love him more:

"To me, we really have just begun” concludes Rice–Oxley. “You always have to write as the person you really are, and not believe the hype about being a rock star or whatever, as that doesn’t mean anything. When I listen to music I want to hear about things I can relate to, and I want to know that the writer is giving me access to their most personal and honest thoughts and ideas. It's not always easy to do that when you live in the bubble that comes with being in a band, but that's what I hope we will always do.”

No comments: